View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 12:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Recurrent Pulmonary Emboli

March 2012, Pulmonary Emboli. They said it was due to Hormone Replacement Therapy. Well, a 49 year old woman, on HRT, Ok. Well, I discontinued HRT. December 2013, Pulmonary Emboli, again per DiDimer and CT Scan.

Waiting to see Oncology / Hematologist - again.
But, I have these Cat Scan Results.. Can anyone help with ... I know we are not Drs. Just anyone familiar especially with the mediastinal section.

Thank you in Advance

Lungs: There are pulmonary emboli in proximal subsegmental pulmonary arterial branches of the anterior segment of the right upper lobe. This was phoned to Dr. Chin on 12/14/2013 at 3:35 p.m. There is no other significant lung abnormality. Small foci at the right and left costophrenic sulci suggest subsegmental atelectasis or nodular scar.

Mediastinum: A subcarinal node measures 1.3 cm. Paratracheal nodes measure up to 1.4 x 0.6 cm. Anterior mediastinal preaortic nodes measure up to 9 x 5 mm. The etiology is not evident. A 1.5 x 1 centimeter ill-defined focus of soft tissue opacity in the anterior mediastinal fat suggests residual thymic tissue or lymph node.
jonlyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-03-2014)