View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 08:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Nevro update

Hi, still hanging in, the feeling in my left arm/palm is really getting to me. It's a numb tingling burning sensation and I find myself flapping and waving my arm about. I've had this arm pain on and off for years now since the car accident in 2004 and used to hold my arm above my hear to relieve it but can't do that now post implant. My husband says he used to wake up and see me lying there with my arm stuck up in the air, really freaky, I don't even know I'm doing it. I also wonder if that with the left hip referred back pain being reduced a bit, maybe I'm noticing the arm pain more?? A few years back it was in my right arm/palm and I used to want to lie my palm flat on a cool surface to relieve it.

I'm having good days and not so good days, by the afternoon I'm in pain, particularly around the thoracic region. My stim entry point is T8. 2 vertebrae from T6 which is "endplated".

Still determined to take no more than 10mg OxyContin a day. Way too many bowel obstructions over the course of years since my botched hysterectomy which resulted in peritonitis and 14" bowel removal and resection and I now have to manage my intestine carefully watching what I eat and take. I can have no more than 12g of fibre a day! All fatty foods have no fibre, all healthy foods are brimming with fibre so as you can imagine trying to control medicine intake, fibre intake, weight gain and pain control can be a challenge at times. Having to give up work and become housebound in October 2012 was frustrating but I did manage to lose 13kg by standing in front of the tele and walking back n forth or stepping up and down on a step. Have put on 2kg over Xmas and looking forward to getting the energy and enthusiasm to walk again. I am reluctant to walk outside on my own and now can't take the dogs because of the stim implant.

So you may have noticed I said the left hip referred lumbar back pain is reduced. That's great news for me, it means the stim must be working and maybe with programming I can get the thoracic and arm pain sorted without having to have the laminotomy and paddle. Yay for me
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (01-06-2014), eva5667faliure (01-09-2014), ger715 (01-08-2014), Hana (02-10-2014), Mark56 (01-05-2014), moosey2me (02-10-2014), Rrae (01-05-2014)