Old 01-04-2014, 03:02 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi, Waves,

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
So, how are you getting along with Win8 nowadays?
It was really important to me that I found a picture for the desktop and personalized the colors on my opening page of Google Chrome (the only engine that one site I use will allow. )
I am still trying to get ride of the Seattle skyLine for the opening picture. After much effort on my part, Seattle is still there.

I also have three colors of stickers on my key board.
Log on and off
and something else

I have not used it over Christmas. I get it out and practice logging off and on so I am competent. (It is a new [old] lap top that I am not used to yet and that even if I log in right, gives me some hassles.)

Quote:
The other night I ran across this comment in response to an article about Win8:
Quote:
"If Microsoft built cars, roads would need to be changed every 2 years."
2.Occasionally your car would just die on the motorway for no reason, and you'd have to restart it. For some strange reason, you'd just accept this, restart and drive on.

3.Occasionally, executing a maneuver would cause your car to stop and fail to restart and you'd have to re-install the engine. For some strange reason, you'd just accept this too.
This is so right!

Quote:
waves who for now is still rather happily running Windows XP.
We like to stay with our same stuff.
Computers should be like toasters -- all pretty much the same and always working when we want them.

Mari

Last edited by Mari; 01-04-2014 at 05:56 AM. Reason: added the part about new lap top
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-04-2014), Lara (01-04-2014), mymorgy (01-04-2014), waves (01-04-2014)