View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 12:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry you're struggling so much.

The thing is, I too have had that thought of, "what's the worst that can happen?" and I have pushed myself to go ahead and go to work, go to the gym, do this or that... and it almost always ends up biting me in the butt. Believe me, I know how hard it is to want to move on with life and have the symptoms leftover from the head injury get in the way. I, too, am fairly young (just turned 31 last week) and have never even had a broken bone; in short, I've never had an injury that I couldn't bounce back from within a matter of days, two weeks at most.

Maybe it's time to rethink the members of your medical team? I know you said before that you're not sure who to believe... maybe you could start with one doctor and get a second opinion from one of his or her colleagues, then make your rounds with other doctors systematically until you have a team in place that is more like-minded? I know that would be daunting and cause more frustration, but might it be worth the effort in the long run?

I'm definitely no expert to all of this, but I do know enough to know that rushing back to work before you're ready would be a bad idea.
Head injury on 10/26/13 due to a fall. Had extreme headaches, fatigue, and nausea over the next several days, but no insurance so I couldn't afford to get checked out. First official migraine occurred on 11/19/2013; no migraines before the injury occurred.
courtney.w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote