View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 04:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink Update

I just came across this post In "My favourites". I thought I'd reply with an update. My MRI was normal and I was glad to get away from the prat of an neuro. After much of my own investigation I wondered if I could have coeliac even though no one in my large family had this. I explained my worsening bowel problems to my doctor and not only did he agree but wanted me tested for Lactose problems too. Both came up positive! I'm now gluten free but my B12 problems continue. After having three injections I finally improved. My vertigo improved, balance, and general energy. I was left with pain in my hands and arms, sciatica, hot flushes (but I am 52), twitching and cramps in the legs, tinnitus, great thirst, and sleep problems. But it was still great to be feeling better! Unfortunately they decided that as my B12 levels were now high to wait for more treatment for a few months. After three months all my problems came back and I've had them now for two months. My B12 level came out at 275 and the doctor gave me one injection to be followed up by an injection monthly for two more months then stop again. The first injection has done nothing. I'm being investigated for the thirst problems too, just in case I have diabetes insipidus as my glucose is fine. I've decided to confront the doctor full on and request more frequent B12 treatment. He is a doctor who listens so I hope he does this time. My husband says I play down my symptoms and joke about it too much. I do this because I have so many symptoms I don't want to come across as an hysteric. I've also made an appointment to see my gastro as he is also great just in case my GP doesn't agree with me. I would rather my B12 be maintained at a higher level as it seems more logical to me. I have read about coeliac people complaining of thirst problems so maybe this is related to that and nothing more. But I still want to make sure. I just want my life back even if it's "not as I know it".

I hope this helps someone else who hasn't figured out what their problems are. I'll report back with an update sooner this time.

Maria xxx
Maria is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote