View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 10:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am very sorry to hear about your accident.
The first thing you must do is make certain that you do NOT get a second concussion!!!!!! It really complicates the issue.
I have the same symptoms as you, except I am always hungry.
I have had at least 4 Concussions and have bumped my head significantly at least 6 additional times since my initial accident, in Spring 2009.
The pain is daily and almost unceasing though it gets better and worse at irregular times during the day. The thing that helps me is to have an extremely regular schedule, drink a little coffee or coke when the headache is bad, keeping my head warm but not hot, no exercise that will raise my heart rate, and basically managing the rest of my life to accommodate the headache. It isn't easy, you become a different person. The day I fell off of that horse, the old me was gone and a whole new person began to be. It is hard because you still remember the old you, everyone around you still sees the old you, but you are no longer that person. Maybe, you will be lucky and heal in 3-6 months, but it helped me to realize that while I might get better soon, I also might never get better. Almost 5 years into this, I am pretty good at managing the pain, but it is still very difficult for my family to understand that sometimes I can't do stuff with them, or that I cannot handle disorganization at all, or that I have to sleep and eat regularly or I can't function. I was still able to finish a very rigorous bachelor's degree, but it was only because my friends were extremely supportive.

Basically, hope for the best, rest and eat well and this may just be a forgotten nightmare in a year. But, also realize that you may need to learn how to live with this and that is OK, a new you is still living, and you can still enjoy life even if it is in the slow lane.
Good Luck!
In Christ,
Margarite

Fell off a horse in late winter of 2009 blacked out for a couple seconds, had amnesia for 10 hours (still don't remember this time), had 2 CT scans, 2 MRI's, 1 MRA all negative. Since the first concussion I have continually knocked my head into different things purely by accident or from being stupid. These many concussions over a short period of time have caused
constant migraines, nausea, and dizziness/lack of balance.
Migraine triggers are:
light sensitivity (especially to florescent or bright lights)
sound sensitivity (especially to high pitched or loud sounds)
temperature sensitivity (especially to cold or extreme heat)
activity (especially if breathing increases or head is jostled)
pressure on head (sinuses, hats, headbands, sunglasses, pony-tails)
lacks or quality (food, sleep, water)
tension (stress, tight muscles, tired eyes, sickness)
Margarite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote