View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 12:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Fluid Pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeCe55 View Post
I have recently started taking Hydrochlorthiazide(25mg) for high blood pressure.
Would like to know if anyone has taken this medication, and if it made their PN symptoms worse. Any information would be much appreciated-Thanks, CeCe.
This is a "fluid" pill to reduce excess fluid in the body and will lower blood pressure by lowering the excess fluid. You will need to be careful that your potassium level does not get depleated. Foods rich in potassium like bananas and orange juice are good sources. Also be careful you do not dehydrate. If you begin having muscle cramps in your feet or legs, be sure to tell your doctor. This could be evidence of dehydration and your dosage may need to be adjusted or your medicine changed.

As far as affecting your PN, I do not think it should unless you have adverse actions such as dehydration and low levels of potassium. Everyone is different and there is always the possibility that other effects are possible.

This type of medication is very commonly prescribed as a first step in the control of blood pressure. It is also used in adjunct with other BP meds. It can also be prescribed without an elevated BP for edema.

Just my opinion.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CeCe55 (01-05-2014)