Thread: New to RSD/CRPS
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 01:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome ir

Sorry, I replied to your other thread first lol, but as I said there, I'm sorry you have this. Do have a good look around the threads here as there are a lot of good folk and sound advice. Lots of support too, if you have a bad patch, as we sometimes do...

Please please PLEASE stop the contrast baths immediately, I didn't realise from your other thread that you'd already done some. Not surprised you said 'ouch'! They are a really bad plan (not your fault of course ), and very out-of-date thinking for CRPS treatment as they can and do cause spread and worsening of symptoms...

Just in case they haven't told you, please don't use ice anywhere on your body from now on either, as this can also cause spread, and really hurts

Try unperfumed Epsom salts in a warm bath, or wrapped in a damp cloth. It delivers vital magnesium to your system via your skin, and soothes the burn a bit, especially if you do it regularly. Vitamin C is another safe thing you can do yourself - it's been proven to reduce the risk of spread, and it's good for maintaining your immune system too.

Read up as much as you can to educate yourself, as this is your best protection against some of the older treatments that can cause further damage or increased pain. Some things are well worth a go, others shouldn't be touched with a barge pole! Unfortunately you need to know as much as possible, because many medics just don't (even if they claim to).

Take care of yourself and good luck. Keep posting!

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
irpuregenius (01-05-2014)