View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 02:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
Husband and I are native Philadelphians, living in exile in Delaware. My youngest got a McCoy jersey for Christmas and has only taken it off to wash it. Big Eagles fans, but much bigger Phillies fans. All I hear about this time of year is when pitchers and catchers report.
Son in law is a big Flyers fan, but unless he is here we do not watch hockey. Or soccer. My husband rants about all these kids playing soccer being un-American. He is otherwise a sane, intellectual man.
I lost about 50 pounds and kept it off but gave gained at least ten pounds since thanksgiving. I have been much more sedentary by necessity and have not adjusted my eating accordingly. Should be on track in another month. At 6'2" it isn't as much as it sounds but I really don't need the stress on weakened muscles and arthritic joints.
Hi Susanne,
I don't know if you watched last night but we were going crazy in my house. My kids all came with spouses and spent the night. Needless, to say we were very disappointed. Then we realized in the beginning of season we never expected them to go anywhere so it was a good season.
In my house we watch the Phillies and Eagles. My son and husband use to have season tickets for the Phillies. My son still lives home and watches hockey. My husband says soccer is not a sport for guys. Men!!

You are lucky to be 6'2". I'm only 5'2". You can only imagine what an extra 13lbs looks like on me.

Sorry you are living in exile but I hope you like it!
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Susanne C. (01-05-2014)