View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 06:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I live in FL and have also applied for SS

Hi, there, first I just would like to say a big "thank you" for your husband's service...!!! I am so very sorry he is suffering and will keep you in my prayers.

I too have applied for SS just before my brain tumor was resected 7 weeks ago. At this time, I have not requested help from an attorney, because I do understand that the process is so very long...and usually the first application is denied. There are several types of "immediate" medical needs that are approved, but alas, neither of ours are in that title.

Since I also have Celiac Disease, some of the people I am in contact there have suggested using the Florida system of assistance to those who are considered disabled in trying to achieve a job. Oh, I am too new to put the link in but it is for Rehabilitation jobs in the State of Florida. Google can probably help get the right link. It is per area by different counties in the State.

I intend to try and contact them now that I had to quit my job since my speech and memory still have not totally healed. They had to remove some good brain tissue to extract the whole tumor...this has elongated my healing. Also, I had to quit my job although I was on FMLA because I cannot drive due to seizures I have had...by law in FL after any seizure, a 6 month period applies, and although I am on anit seizure meds, right now I have to wait until June...unless I have another seizure in the meantime...ugh!

Hoping and praying that your life's journey becomes better with your husband's health. Joanie
JoanieP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote