View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 03:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Thanks of all this effort....to provide the information here.
I know it is tough to do.

I am concerned about the magnesium you use.
1) it contains aspartate, which is a stimulant to the NMDA receptor which is a pain receptor. Aspartate is also in Nutrasweet which is a known headache trigger.

2) The 3 chelates in that product are heavy...so you are not getting much magnesium total in there. You can try increasing to 3 a day and when those are gone...switch to SlowMag twice a day.
But once you use that lotion everyday, oral is less important because the mag is absorbed from it.

Your MCV is just about over the upper level... this means your red cells are larger than normal. This happens when B12 is not working or unavailable. I suspect you are not methylating (activating) it... the serum test measures all cobalamin. You also are taking a supplement, and I don't think it is methyl version.
The oral methylcobalamin is now easily and inexpensively available and it it best if you switch to that. You might have the MTHFR mutation, which blocks conversion of folic acid and cobalamin to the methyl forms.

Your TSH is rather low....and most people who have thyroid hyperactivity are in the low end when tested. Once it goes below about .5 then doctors start to get concerned. But you are close to that level now.

So I would only use methyl forms of folic acid --Metafolin, and also methylcobalamin instead of cyano form. I think you need a homocysteine test...because of that eye issue.

I would use the mag lotion every day. Choose one area that twitches alot and apply it there....see if it prevents twitching to that area. Say a left or right calf. This is sort of a test.
Twitching only in the morning may represent low blood sugar, especially if it goes away after you eat.

There is nothing else really major in your tests. But they don't test everything or represent everything.
Thanks again for the swift response. I have no qualms about providing a cohesive background and all the data I have.

Thank you for researching the magnesium I am taking. I plan to just apply the lotion and purchase the SlowMag and determine the proper balance and intake of the two.

I will double check the B12 supplement I bought and make sure I'm taking a methylcobalamin form.

Interesting notes on my MCV and TSH:
On 12/27/2011 my MCV was 92.2. Now it is 94.9... going wrong way.
On 12/27/2011 my TSH was 1.63. Now is is 1.03... going wrong way.

FYI I just finished making an appointment with a well reknowned Dr / Nutrionist for the 15th. They can do bloodwork during the appointment and will discuss intracellular testing to look at my B6 / B12 processing.
UFGatorGuy20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote