View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

To keep your art stuff for storage, you don't need fancy things, like in Tyler's video.
Although some neat things do exist for storage. I find that artists tend to gravitate to neat things to keep their tools...it seems like an aesthetic extension sometimes. I enjoyed Tyler's video on that level...he loves his stuff! His other videos on his channel demonstrate that, too.

I use cigar boxes often for pencils and erasers etc. I used to visit a store that sold wine (and cigars) ....and often I helped the owner with some medical/drug advice for his ADHD son. So in return he let me have the wooden empty boxes when he had them. They were really nice! LOL

But now I see pencil sized plastic containers at WalMart and Target for less than 3.00 each...you can see inside them. So I have a few of those too.

For travel I do have a nice tackle box. If you join an art class (I've taken night courses, and local ones, and finally went to a local University as a post degree student and chose art), the tackle boxes are a must. Art Bins are nice, but tend to be pricey.
I have a plastic fish tackle box myself. Michael's and Joann's have lots of crafty accessories. I like to get a coupon out of the paper at times and visit when I have an overflow of stuff to see if anything will work there for me.

Pencils need some care in carrying around. The inner leads can shatter/crack and then they won't sharpen. Colored pencils are very prone to this as well as pastel types and Charcoal ones.
So for working outside I use mechanical pencils for this reason.
If you take colored pencils out to places, a roll up carrier for about $6.00 is best. There are many sellers of these on Amazon and Ebay today. Roll ups go easily into canvas totes and are very handy.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-06-2014)