View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

What happened to your thumb?

When you get going, you can post here or start a new thread, whatever.

The "dry periods" either for writers or artists can be good on the one hand (incubation of ideas) or not good, freeze you up.
I was working so many hours/week to pay for our son's college for 5 yrs, that I sort of "lost myself". So I understand, believe me!

I am starting a drawing of Bambi toys...yep...I have a Bambi obsession. I bought a group of Bambi toys (I had the dog figure from another toy purchase on Ebay)...on Ebay...and the seller sent them to me in this cute box. It is from Harry and David...a Xmas treat supply place---fruit nuts etc. It was just perfect.
So I took a couple of reference photos.... this is what I am starting this week. (if anyone knows what this dog toy is from, I'd appreciate it).

That binder to the left contains my art slides. I just moved them to new archival plastic sleeves. That took a whole week! sheesh.
I didn't realize how many I had... how prolific I was back then!

But you know back when, I didn't have a digital camera to help, no computer, no Ebay, ...only my own eyes and resources. Now I have a whole pile of neat things to draw/paint that I found on Ebay.heheheheheheh

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 07-06-2015 at 02:15 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-06-2014)