Thread: worried.
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 08:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandma50 View Post
I had my hearing on Nov19th,2013. My lawyer was asked to appear before the judge. She came back out asked if I would drop my ssdi claim, and change my onset date. I agreed. Spent 5 mins in there. He didnt ask the VEanything.I still havent heard anything. Worried. Has anyone else went thru this?
I am a little confused. You had a hearing, the hearing ended, but the ALJ asked the attorney to come back in, the atty came back out and asked if you would "drop" your claim? and change the onset date?

My ALJ asked my atty if I would change my onset date during my hearing. The ALJ suggested that my atty and I go in the hall and discuss it off the record and return with a response. We stepped into the hall for about a minute and returned and agreed to change the onset date. In my case, it made NO difference in benefits or anything so it was fine. Where I am confused is asking to drop your claim. Do you have a claim for disability AND also a claim for supplemental income benefits? I was under the impression that they are handled separate from each other.

What did your atty say to you? The atty went in without you? I find that very strange to begin with. I do not know why an ALJ would have any private conversation with an atty outside the presence of the client. Maybe I have just mis-understood your post.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
grandma50 (01-06-2014)