View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Kapla,

It sounds like you're doing okay. Some small fragments of the bone graft may come out for several days... it's okay.

When you use the salt water, do not "gargle" with it.... just swish it around in your mouth and spit out. The gargling motion can dislodge the clot. It is also best to do the rinsing a few times a day for several days to lessen the build up of plaque on the surgical site.

Thanks for the update.... hope all continues to go well for you!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapla View Post
It's been exactly one week ago today (8 days), no more blood from the sinus and I am trying not to blow my nose (not that congested anymore though).

The area seems to be healing well and I'm now doing a little salt gargle to keep it clean. Just finished my antibiotics.

I am now noticing some very tiny pebble like bone pieces (insignificant amount) in my mouth from the Bone Graft. They warned me this would happen and is completely normal. Therefore, I'm assuming everything is healing as planned and I think the Bone Graft will take well. Glad I had that done, regardless of if I decide to get an implant later.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote