View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 02:03 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowel Lady View Post
Anyone use R Lipoic Acid and get relief? Any potential negative side effects to R Lipoic Acid???
Yes, R-Lipoic Acid stopped the burning pain for me within a couple days, and it hasn't been back since except briefly via triggers. My results are atypical; it usually takes a few weeks.

The only side effects I'm aware of at the levels recommended for PN (100 mg/day) is possibly an acid stomach or heartburn, and possibly lowering blood sugar slightly. I've only gotten heartburn a couple of times in the 3 years I've been taking the RLA, and a couple of antacids fixed that.

See also: r-lipoic acid side effects

In one study, 28 out of 33 patients (84.8%) previously treated with alpha-lipoic acid for peripheral polyneuropathy reported further improvement after combination with pantothenic acid (vitamin B5). I take B5, and I've noticed further improvement in reduction of shocks/needle jabs.

As far as the Jarrow product goes... http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post1034908-327.html

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vowel Lady (01-07-2014)