View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 08:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I can tell you from experience that Colick isn't Just a Fussy Baby as the docs tell you. I don't think you need a doc to confirm colick is a sensitivity to something. Look at how colicky babies arch their backs and scream out in pain! Colick my petootie!
Soy is equally as toxic to most children as dairy, so soy formula would not be my first choice although it was the only choice I had w ds1. His intestinal issue today are likely from soy formula.
I'm gluten free and dairy free and my ds3 is very spit uppy, not instantly, hours later. Early on in his little life that seem to hurt him, he still will cry out on some spit ups. I've tried the sitting up thing, no difference. I nursed him around 6:30 am I picked him up at 8:45 and he spit up all over me and himself! Just did it again 30 minutes after his last feeding, and he fusses when he does it (I ate a few bites of gluten yesterday). That is my first concern... Second he is fussy when I do eat gluten. Third he has had reactions GI to my eating gluten and oats in large quantities over time. Forth, can we be in his new study on infants and introduction of wheat (that ought to be fun, NOT). I already know what the reaction will be -- fussy, diarrhea, rashes, and weight loss. I don't think I'd agree to be in the study unless I could choose when we introduce wheat, I'm thinking age 2!!!
Brain development is just to important to put a child in pain constantly -- my other Celiac I'm taking to a psychologist for testing he shows symptoms of Detatchment Disorder - ie from all the pain, he never wanted to be touched, Austism, anger issues,etc. DS2 inflicted pain on ds3 in the back seat of the van yesterday morning, scratched to crap out of the baby's knee. Ds2 did the same thing to dd when she was about the same age, only it was her arm.
Ds2 exhaust me.
Electra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote