View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart So GLAD

To be able to "sneak" a tiny post here and there.

My cervical fusion seems, so far, a success as the horrific pain and nausea resulting from the pain are both out of my mind and body. Surgery was Jan 2, pretty recent, and I feel blessed to have had it and now be home. They did far more work in there than originally planned, the hurt of surgery is definitely there, AND the hoped for realization this will have put pain in its place seems to be dawning.

Being Colorado raised, I know well my personal fondness for snow, playing, working, sculpting, and driving a long road trip with my family warm and safe as the sussuration of it alongside and around us when we move through its sound dampening blanket of the countryside. When I was healthy, before the wreck which changed my life walk, I used to look forward to shoveling by hand not only ours but the walks and drives of our neighbors....... kind of a ministry of gifting, you know? Did that all of the way back to my childhood....sharing.

Some of those snows were four feet in a single dump of white. In our own neighborhood I had donned my snowshoes in times past, then stepping across the six foot privacy fence of neighbors to make sure they were OK as we were truly all snowed in.

Hot chocolate..... sounds good.

We would scoop a place clean for our little pet to do his "thing" in the out of doors. He always seemed to know what that little plot meant, and he used it. He is more grey now, and I no longer can shovel snow, but those fond memories of just being in the crisp cold are glad visitations of my mind to times past.

Please all, be bundled, warm, and snug in your comfy places of respite.
Love and hugs,

OH, and by the way..... THANK YOU for all of the prayers surrounding this most recent of my surgeries to reassemble Humpty Dumpty. I feel the better for it.

Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (01-07-2014), Alffe (01-07-2014), barbo (01-07-2014), FeelinGoofy (01-07-2014), Koala77 (01-24-2014), Lara (01-07-2014), Wren (01-07-2014)