View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 10:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dosage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake View Post
Hi everyone

Please forgive me for not being on here for over a year or so. I tend to " just keep going" as my life is a rollercoaster but my rsd is now in both arms and my right leg and my meds aren't cutting it anymore, so I'm back to looking at my treatment options and trying to work out what to do next.

I'm on 50mg ms contin, 200mg amitriptyline and 50mg baclofen daily, with endones for bt pain. We've been upping my morphine bit by bit but I'm wondering if we should look at upping my baclofen instead, given that muscle cramps and spasms are my main problems.

I've been on 50mg for over 4 years (since before we lost Olivia) after being on 25mg daily for the previous 9 years.

Is 50mg a standard dose? Are any of you on/have been on more than that, and if so, how much?

I had a rough spell with my kidneys a few months ago so I'm even contemplating a baclofen/morphine pump, but I'm unsure about whether to go down that road. Thats why I'm trying to find out more about baclofen doses first

Any feedback on this would be great, thanks guys!
hello,sorry that it's spreading on you,are you in 50 mgs of contin totall or is that 2xs aday,reguardless If you have been on it for awhile it's not enough.bye what you are saying it's not.the new MS Contin has been modified so abusers can't abouse them ,bye crushing exc... They are very week from the original version,some patience .for me I've had rsd for 7 years,I've tried them all,and it's a fight to try and get what your body needs from tge drs.even having the #1 pain disease in the world.what works for me now, is methadone 120 mgs aday that is what I'm up to, started with 40.i also take oxycodone 30mgs xs 4 aday .remeron for stomache 40 mgs ,I do nasal ketamine once a week a month 40 mgs xs 3 .i have full body rsd I'm stuck on the couch or bed 23 hrs aday ,I have better days.withoyt medicine I don't have any life ,it not only helps the pain.it gives you energy and lifts your spirit to do more. IMO .i was off my pain meds for a year .i was bed riddin.i had my gull bladder removed,the dr gave me perc 10s for the pain for 5 days,during that time I had a much better life.so I went back on and stay on,don't care what anybody thinks ,I it's your life ,I intend to live it to the fullest possible, which isn't much ,but I'm blessed,so many of us rsd survivers don't get proper medical.actually what I'm on now isn't enough for me,but I'm dealing with it for now.methadone is great for long term pain & your body can go days without craving any pain meds,I take oxy for break thru pain,that is something you need ,you have the twelve hour MS Contin. , but need a fast acting for break thru .hope you get better and get what meds are rite for you ,always here for any questions danny
89danboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote