View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 08:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amike View Post
Hi everybody. I came across this recently and figured it deserved a posting. Anybody tried?

Bottom Line: In a well controlled study, topical clonidine gel significantly reduces the level of foot pain in painful diabetic neuropathy subjects. The treatment with clonidine was safe and without the problematic side effects typically associated with systemic therapies.

I would recommend that people with Type II diabetes who are experiencing severe pain in their feet talk with their doctors about this.

Here is to Peace, Love, and Understanding,

Mike
I was given a compounded cream with Clonidine in it. I am using it since December. I am not diabetic (but i have some problems with spikes). The compounded cream works for me, though not consistently and not completely But having been in pain for over 2 years, relief on some days is very much welcome.

But of course, it may be a combination of everything....gabapentin, supplements, magnesium lotion and recently the compounded cream. Whatever it is, i am definitely grateful for this some semblance of tolerable pain.

The Clonidine % is very low but i am wondering if this will affect my BP. Prior to starting the compounded cream, I was experiencing episodes of dizziness and when i checked my BP it was low. I still have the episodes on and off now that i am on the cream, well, i just hope it does not contribute to this low BP.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote