Thread: Is this normal?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 04:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi murgir

I agree with what catra said above. Also, don't forget that what one person describes as 'pain' might be described by another as 'burning'. Pain is a dreadfully subjective thing, one of the reasons docs always ask you to characterize your pain and not just say it hurts. Ditto on the pain scale out of 10, because it makes you think about your pain in a definite way.

I get some weird symptoms in odd places at times, and I always try to rationalise it and think whether it's a sign of spread or just some random weirdness thrown out there by my misfiring nervous system... (easier said than done ).

I have had a few patches where one side of my face feels like its burning, ditto a patch on my right arm, stabbing pains in my right side, etc. None of these (so far) have turned out to be spread, and the symptoms have faded away or just stopped. CRPS affects your nerves, and they are connected throughout your body, so any part of you could misfire and hurt or have any other neuro symptom, without it necessarily being spread. Just a storm coming in (we've had a lot of those lately!) can give me some shock-type pains in odd places.

I try to hang on to that when I can. This is scary stuff, and we are most of us scared of spread...but often it's just the CRPS playing one of its weird games with me. If it settles into a pattern and is there increasingly, then that might be spread...

This thing is different for all of us. I hope your face and arm burnings are not spread, but keep an eye on them. I always recommend keeping a pain diary, it's a good way of seeing patterns and development.

Take care of yourself,

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
murgir (01-08-2014)