View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 12:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It's funny that you should ask about that... I almost included it in my post...

I did try using a Passionflower tincture and that worked pretty well for me. But then I had to abandon it because I started having reactions to wheat that were finally determined to be a wheat allergy (that I am convinced was caused by the concussion) and the tincture used a grain alcohol as a base.

I also tried to use 5HTP and that didn't work well for me... but I know that it's worked wonders for many others.

I should have probably tried the L-Tryptophan "Straight Up", but at the time, my acupuncturist recommended the 5 HTP apparently because many of his other patients raved about it.

You know what's worked the best, though? Xanax. I got it from my Dr. and when I get very seriously anxious I take one and I'm all better VERY soon. Much sooner than the Passionflower worked.

I think everyone is different and what works for me might not work for you.

Whatever you decide to use though, make sure your Dr. knows about it. And not all Dr.'s know every little details about every little supplement and I'm not even sure enough research has been done about Passionflower to be able to know you're really safe taking it. So keep that in mind when you're experimenting with different things. Maybe keep a log or journal so you can keep track of what works and what doesn't.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote