View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 06:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelopepickle View Post
Hello to all!! I am newly diagnosed. I'm looking for a support group that actually talk to each other. I have had 8 episodes in a short amount of time. I have gone to the er almost every time. I was wondering if any of you have lesions on your brain? I do. They can't explain that either. They also think I may be having seizures. Anyone have seizures? I am waiting on genetic testing to find out if it is familia or sporadic. Each of those are genetic mutations. I read alot about this since practically being disabled. I just had one two days ago. I'm fed up. I feel like I don't get alot of answers from my neuro. I'm on verapamil 120 mg two times a day and its not working. I need you guys to answer those questions it might help me. By the way , I never get headaches and I don't feel pain only in my limbs after my face, arm, and leg go paralyzed, then the next few days I'm beat up and in pain on my right side. I have almost no short term memory.
Yes, I do. I've had hemiplegic migraines since I was a kid, but they stopped during my teen years until last october. We're still trying to figure out the damage to my gait at 21 years old. I'm in the process of regulating my diet and medications to prevent any more attacks. I was already dealing with nasty neuropathy with tramadol, but I'm looking to discuss a different medication for pain. The migraine itself is usually quite ice-picky in the temple, kind of like someone taps one into my skull periodically along with a dull ache on same side and back of neck/shoulder. Usually last about a day and a half of the main migraine pain, then my head will ache dully for another 5 days to a week. Lots of mini headaches in between, too.
_belle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote