View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 07:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
This part wasn't touched on and I am curious about it, medicated vs unmedicated and gainful employment - does it matter for SSDI?

Would it be similar to those in pain & on pain meds, if the pain meds work for them and if they are able to do gainful work or not?

Medicated vs not medicated isn't an issue regarding SSDI/SSI.

If only non medicated was acceptable for a worker, no one with diabetes, high blood pressure, or any other condition that required medication to control symptoms could ever work.

The use of pain meds for those of us with pain issues can be a bit trickier, in terms of some specific jobs, say a bus driver, might preclude you from being able to take certain medications while doing THAT job, but even that wouldn't preclude one from being able to do ANY job.

A factor in working while on pain meds, or ANY meds, is that the side effects might then limit the ability to do the needed work. Many on adequate doses of pain meds might then be able to manage their pain, but might have such issues with dizziness, nausea, or fatigue that they would be unable to work because of those symptoms.

Soccertese,

I'm sorry to hear of your health issues and inability to work.

I'm glad that Janke saw your post and addressed the obvious concerns about your date last insured. If the medical evidence that is documented doesn't support total disability before 12/31/12, it sounds like it's SSI or getting the IRS to communicate that you did work more to convince the SSA to adjust your last date of insurability.

Best wishes getting through this difficult process.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (01-09-2014), soccertese (01-08-2014)