View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 08:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoun1e View Post
Wow. That's interesting. And scary.

I actually wondered today if I should think about getting another cervical MRI.

I do have a little bit of issue in the c6/c7 region, but it's always dismissed as "unremarkable."

Coincidently, I'm going to a chiropractor Friday.

I'm really throwing everything and the kitchen sink at this one.

KY
One thing that I watched on the video, the doctor did say if a person seeks out a chiro that the patient should show the chiro the mri & report....especially if they have the flexion & extension views done.

Early on after I had my surgeries I did go to a chiro and did not find the treatment helpful, there was 1 adjustment that he would do that I even questioned whether it would cause a problem (based on my case with 3 surgeries, etc.). Hard to describe but it was where he would put his hands (palms) on the front of my shoulders ( would be on my back on the table) and press down? not a great explanation but you can maybe imagine that it did not feel too good.

Dr. Holman also stated that people with Fibro that was studied that most if not all had an adversion to putting there head back which seemed to point to the theory of doing the other views of MRI's and whether it showed the cord being compressed in those positions....sounds likely for pain that comes and goes too.

Editing my post again to also say that their is a 2nd video titled Treatment Pearls: Fibromyalgia that is another presentation that Dr. Holman did the following day at the same conference.......interesting info that again may have some ties to TOS neck pain, poor sleep, etc.

Last edited by chloecasey; 01-09-2014 at 01:21 AM. Reason: additional thoughts I wanted to add
chloecasey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote