View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 10:34 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

My cats are quite loving. You can say the word chicken in a low tone in any room of the house, and Weezie will appear.
She does not come when she hears her name in the house however. But outside, when we call her she comes. Our previous cats came from outside too. Oreo to a lesser extent, but our others were quite good about it.

Maya on the other hand will come when she hears her name in the house. She expects excitement from play, and maybe a food treat, but not always. When hubby puts on his hat she is all over him knowing he is leaving on an errand.

When I talk to Weezie, she often squeals a reply.. If I ask if she is happy...she will roll for me. She is much more responsive to us than most cats are to people. And I think the "jerk" behavior goes both ways. Empathetic owners of cats, get much more response than owners who try to CONTROL cats like dogs for obedience. But that is only my opinion and 40+ yrs of cat ownership.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (01-09-2014), RSD ME (01-12-2014)