View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Emptydepth

I am sorry you are dealing with RSD. I hope yours doesn't spread. There have been a few folks that have had ketamine infusions on NT. I don't remember off hand how their experience was. However I have researched this to some degree. I also had Ketamine infusions in my spine, which worked for a good long time.
The Military are the ones who started to use Ketamine with their wounded soldiers. There were quite a few articles on this in JAMA, which is a medical journal that keeps up with the latest research. If you are near a teaching hospital, they often have a med. research library open to students. I got access to this library, simply by asking my doctor at the time. These libraries have the most recent articles about Ketamine. Please don't think about amputation. You have posted where you live, so perhaps there will be someone on NT who knows of a physician in your neck of the woods to be using Ketamine. Tampa Bay hospital near where I live, does do research on this medicine.
The articles have shown a good response for our soldiers getting Ketamine. I would be willing to look into where in the country other facilities are, that do use this medication. Try to find a teaching hospital, this was the best way I found to access the newest in the trials, and use of Ketamine. I really do hope that you find someone who will treat you with this medication. Try every therapy you can, and don't give up. There are locations using this. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote