View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 12:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
Thinking of you and wishing you a very speedy recovery. I had to have my pins and plates removed in 1996 as the titanium screws and plates had snapped in half. Bones are stronger than titanium fancy that. Anyway, as soon as I awoke from the surgery I could tell they had been removed. Sure the surgical site hurt a little, but the relief from having the plates removed was immense as that particular pressing intense pain was gone. I had new screws and rods put in place in 2013 in a double spinal fusion and had a Nevro Senza HF SCS implanted in December 2013 just gone. Be patient and do as the nurses and doctor tells you for a speedy recovery, if he does a laminectomy I would be very surprised if they let you go home (and concerned). So sorry you have to get them removed and wondering why, also, what will you have for continued pain relief ongoing or will you look at a pump, or stick with oral meds. Anyhow, that's all b b for now, good luck, be well, be safe
Wow Pamela, you have really been thru it!

I know what you mean about instant relief. My thoracic battery was moved to my right front side and it has been twisted and hurting for a while. While I do have the incision pain, the battery pain is gone! That is one of the reasons I had them removed, another reason is that the thoracic paddle lead had migrated again. Other than that, the effectiveness has worn off. I had both implanted in June 2011 to help with my RSD pain. They did help a lot, in fact they helped me get thru another year and a half of work, helped with desentization and helped increase movement in my left (RSD) arm.

Not sure what we will do for pain management now. PM dr recommended the pain pump and my PCP said no way. I am allergic to pretty much everything, so they don't know what they will put in it. The only pain meds I can tolerate is demerol (but get a bad headache from it). I am looking for a new PM dr.

Surgery went pretty well this morning. Dr told me if he had to do a laminectomy I would be spending the night...thankfully he did not have to do one, so it was out patient. Dr told my husband that everything came out fairly easy...so thankful!!

Gotta sleep now
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (01-10-2014), ger715 (01-10-2014), Hannabananna (01-10-2014), Mark56 (01-11-2014), moosey2me (01-22-2014), PamelaJune (01-10-2014), Rrae (01-10-2014)