View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 01:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=Nellyzen;1042527]My family dr thinks I have Fibro...can you have Fibro and TOS at the same time? I guess what I'm asking is, are they related?[/QUOTE

I believe that each persons situation can be different however after researching Fibromyalgia after my doctor explained to me about what I have been thru and ongoing problems now with more neck pain, body wide nerve pain, fatigue, etc. (and this is 3 years post TOS surgeries with complications) my situation is definitely post op chronic nerve damage because the nerves were over stimulated from the 3 surgeries the nerve pain I have is amplified compared to what a person would normally have.

After reading the info that I found online about the theory of the positional cervical cord compression being a cause for Fibromyalgia "symptoms", It could likely be the cause of some TOS "symptoms" especially when neck pain is one of the symptoms. I found after watching the 2 videos and reading the research that Dr. Holman presented to be so interesting and thought that this certainly could be related to TOS and who knows probably other conditions.

It is frustrating to know that problems not seen on a Neutral View MRI can actually be seen on those 2 addtional views (flexion & especially extension), but are not usually ordered.

The videos are a bit lengthy but I have watched them several times and read and reread the research paper & website online and it to me is a possible relation to TOS also.

chloecasy
chloecasey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote