Thread: have a few ??
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 03:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you Nanc and Zookesterfor your responses. The first dr office I had a wait of 9 months and now my dr found another that has a 3 month wait, with not much hope of getting someones cancelled appt. There are many many on the wait list. In fact, the 3 months is the best case scenario I have been dealing with this for over 5 years, so 3 months is not bad.

I do jot down things when they occur. My notebook goes back 5 years and it is pretty thick. This is some thing I learned to do long ago. It will be 2 yrs in april that I went in for a acdf c5-6, 6-7 and woke with the exact pain in my left arm that I had in my right arm when i went into surgery. That was after 3 surgeries 5 yrs ago that failed to help my right arm. Now both arms are EXACTLY the same as each other in pain and lack of ROM. I honestly had come to the realization that i was going to live with these arms, as well as my bad back and neck, foe the rest of my life and that was ok. I have been on meds for this and have learned to just deal with it. But when the same pains that i had in my arms were suddenly in my legs now and now the burning I started putting 2 and 2 together and decided something is going on. I had noticed the temp differences in my hands and feet for years now, but when all of that together with this fatigue, thats so bad but yet I cant sleep at night, I know something is going on. For 5 years now I have been saying that as long as someone could tell me whats wrong, I could deal with it. I just want to know. I had never even heard of rsd until I visited with my old pt, who i worked with for 3 years during my 3 shoulder surgeries and I asked her ifs he had any ideas at all, and this was one of them. I just want to know what is going on. I go about my daily life as usual just like everyone, and love it when i get home and can take a pill and feel some relief!!

Like I said I am on different meds. Lyrica, er morphine, oxycodone. the pain meds I have been on for the last 13 years for my neck problems. Since x mas I have had to take an extra pill every now and then. This is the 3rd nerve pain med I have been on through the years and it seems to help a little. At this moment I have pains in both arms, both hips deep inside , both wrists, right side of my rear, my whole right leg front and back, the tops of both feet, a little twinge in my left leg but not bad at all, my right eye, my jaw, both shoulder blades. And i have patches of burning sensations on my legs and my arms. As soon as I finished this I noticed I am having the burning in the tops of my feet, which is new for me.

While I try not to focus on all of this, its kind of hard not to. I would love to go back to my arms not working very well. When my right arm went bad, i told myself things could be worse. Then my left started acting up, and still i knew that i was better off then some.

thank you for your reply
rory47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote