View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 09:26 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default did i hire the wrong law firm?

did i hire the wrong law firm?
so here i am again, relying on the kindness of strangers.

1. hired them based on a presentation they gave at a parkinson's support group,
3. went in for an interview, wanted to meet someone and see their office, it was nice and in an office building where rent wasn't cheap. gave my report to paralegal along with proof i had pd, figured they wanted to see it, plus my tax returns and what IRS transcripts I could get from the IRS, figured they wanted proof.
4. paralegal glanced at my paperwork, we talked about my chances of getting ssdi, then she asked if i wanted to fill out a claim on-line, that kind of surprised me but said "sure".

5. she asked me what date i "became" disabled and i said 10/01/2011 since that was the last day i received income from my job, i

-----------------------------------------------

1. they seemed to miss the problem i was going to have with the tax returns, i brought this up in the first meeting, not the 3year3month15day problem which i didn't know about but they should have known about that?
2. they filed the claim during my first visit, it was by chance i brought something proving i had pd. i found that odd that they didn't want any proof about my disability on the first visit.
3. after the SSA claim was denied, i was given a different paralegal, no phone call, just an email from this person with a list of questions to answer. i emailed that person a few times, called, said i had questions about the questions, no call back, got a call from the first paralegal saying my paralegal was on vacation.
4. so, answered the questions the best i could, emailed them to this person and said i still had some questions about my answers.
5. no call back, got an email from this person saying thanks for my answers, they had filed the appeal and had included the letter from my GP, but not my neuro, even though there was one mentioned by SSA in the denial letter.

so i guess my question is, is any other firm going to be any better? nice people but hard to get a call back, they don't apologize, it's like their not returning my calls never happened.

i'm assuming they will kick into high gear when i get to the court phase
TIA for any advice.

Last edited by soccertese; 01-10-2014 at 11:04 PM.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote