View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 01:07 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I live in the valley below you and have done so all my life. I also worked outdoors the whole time and thus was always attuned to weather. Yes it is cold but I can remember it being nearly as bad when I was a kid. So don't let them scare you. However, if this becomes a regular feature then that is another story. Dips at night to twenty below raised no alarm in my grandpa's house. Just throw on more clothes and set something on fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bean View Post
We have had dreadfully frigid weather here. The greenhouse has gone to below 0 three times this week. The fava beans have frozen, but unbelievably are still alive in the 80 ft, unheated( single layer of plastic )greenhouse. The floor has even become speckled with the little ice formations that form on window glass (jack frost icicles ) The short , newer favas have the least damage during these spells of cold. The tall ones wilt over the strands of string holding them upright and these stems are the most affected because of the bend in the stem. They are not producing tops or flowers right now. Perhaps they know it is useless. Favas are amazing, This is the coldest I have ever seen east TN. I think in past years it got down to 17 degrees...this year -6 where we live! Hope you all are staying warm and exercising indoors. I started making myself do vigorous exercise once or twice a day...I was becoming fat and mushy. No time to get SOFT we have to fight!
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote