View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 01:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy Zip View Post
I have had it since this past June 2013. It's so rare, neurologists don't acknowlege it as it's own condition. My doctor just calls it temporal lobe epilepsy. However, when I read descriptions of TEA episodes on the internet (example - The TIME Project) I know beyond a doubt that I have it. My doctor has me on Keppra, which has slowed the episodes down a bit, but has not stopped them. I have to convince her to let me try Lamictal.

I've had a similar experience with my doctors. I had my first experience in the spring of 2011 (my last semester of college) and every doctor I saw kept calling it panic attacks or assuming I was on drugs (even though all tox screens came up clean). It wasn't until about a year later that a doctor diagnosed me with epilepsy and I have responded pretty well to lamical. However, my doctor had never even heard of transient epileptic amnesia (she was calling my experience complex partial seizures) and I have had a difficult time convincing her that my experiences are real. For example, my episode last between 20 minutes and an hour or more and she insisted they could not be longer than 5 or ten minutes. I have many witnesses who can verify the episodes, but she still barely believes me! If anyone knows of a good neurologist in Massachusetts - let me know! I am in the market :-)
kategw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote