View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 04:56 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Jo*Mar

Yes I am sure. It is SSDI that you can't get in Florida if you have anything to your name. Anything over$ 2,000 is more than what you are allowed. I had a family trust, to pay ONLY for my taxes and Insurances. I was not allowed to keep that trust for my home. Now I am losing my home because I can't pay the taxes. I had a lawyer assistant for my case. All monies I had were used on my health, which the trust expressly forbid me to do. My children could have sued me knowing that I used the money for health, as they were to be beneficiaries.
My taxes cost more than what I am allowed to possess!. Just what do they expect me to do? Right,...leave a paid for home. In Florida, SSDI is supplemental income. I was not allowed to use the trust for anything else but the taxes and insurance. I had to obey the trust but my Government didn't?. I could get no help with SSDI until that was depleted. It's spilt milk at this point, and I resent what was done to me.
If SSDI Denied me, when I should have been allowed to keep my tax and insurance money, it is news to me. I currently get Social security and SSDI. Nobody who has my care will take Medicaid.
The lawyer who wrote the dang thing, didn't know anything about Medicare/Medicaid law. He also knew ahead of time I was sick. My parents tried to protect me from the state taking my home away if I got disabled. I can lose my home now, and my grown son has to pay for my taxes. I don't want to do that to him all of his life. So the only other option is to move.
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote