View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 12:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

John, could you please post a detailed description of the stretches he is having you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ622 View Post
Hi all,

One year ago, I had some concussions/whiplashs that manifested in sound & light sensitivity. The symptoms would come and go and is aggravated by prolonged sitting caused by software engineering jobs.

The initial diagnosis was mixed (some docs think there's no concussion some think there is). My neck always felt strange though, like there is a clicking sound. Finally had a MRI done in November and it seems that I injured the muscle in the anterior neck so C1 and C2 are always compressed against the base of the skull.

Started seeing a PT in Bellevue about this who doesn't think I really ever had a concussion (his clinic also treats contact sports athletes for concussions) and he thinks I have a upper cervical injury instead. Two weeks after following his very subtle stretches, I can finally exercise again. I still have to be careful a bit with certain impacts (right Thai kick on the heavy bag) because it seems to dislodge the upper cervical region.

Just my 2 cents in case some people have upper cervical injury masking as a brain injury. Hope it helps somebody!
sleepybo19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote