View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 04:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default complicated need help

Has anyone had experience with a failed laminectomy leading to horrendous pain?Is there treatment for this?
I previously had a L4-5 Laminectomy for a partial footdrop 15 years ago. Although it looked like it was "successful" it took a year to heal and I always had regrets about the surgeon. He did not spend the time necessary to stabilize the joint is my guess. It would take too long to explain here fully but let's just say he is on youtube and has a lovely garden in his new home in Hawaii.

In any case fast forward to now with failed laminectomy on that same level as evidenced by the l4-5 disc collapsing with severe DDD. THere is a bone spur causing pain on same level now as well. My current pain has been so debilitating that I am stuck in bed 24/7 for the most part. mostly hip and back pain on the left and little leg pain.Basically I feel the same pain I did prior to the surgery 15 years ago except no foot drop. The spasms are so great it hurts my knees to walk. It looks like l5-S1 is collapsing. I have had multiple epidurals of L4-5 and facet joint. Not much in the way of relief.
It is driving me to despair. Anyone else experience this sort of problem?
maryjane11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote