View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

HI Dustinwx,

I am in the dental field and can offer you some information here.

Thanks for posting the picture. Just FYI... I have seen many thousands of tongues in my career.... .... your tongue indicates a few problems and here is what immediately pops into my mind:

**What medications are you on for the Aspergers?
** How long have you been taking them?
**Are you aware of the side effects of the meds?
**Your diet is deficient in nutrients and you probably have some vitamin deficiencies. Thus the deep ridges along the borders of your tongue and the deep groove down the center.
**The stomatitis you were diagnosed with is a definite symptom of a digestive problem and it correlates with the ridges and deep groves indicating that the problem probably goes further down than your stomach.
**The yellow colored tongue indicates you are lacking healthy, good bacteria in your digestive tract... from the oral cavity all the way down into your colon.

I would suggest you seek a consultation with a nutritionist to help you with your diet and advise you on appropriate vitamin/mineral supplementation which would most definitely help you a whole lot!

Regarding the correlation between having your upper wisdom teeth removed and the onset of your symptoms.... perhaps it is not correlated and/or you had these symptoms prior but were not as aware of them as you are now.

Regarding an auto immune disorder.... not all people will respond to prednisone. However, that lack of response does not rule out an auto immune condition. Also, someone can be ill for awhile and not realize it until the symptoms start to interfere with their daily lives. Some long term health conditions and/or long term medications can trip up the immune system resulting in auto immune problem.

Anytime the digestive system is imbalanced, your tongue will show clear cut signs of deficiency.

Hope this information helps.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinwx View Post
Hello I am new here to this forum. I am a 24 year old college student with no known health issues besides Aspergers, and oral herpes. My problem started in October about three weeks after I got my upper two wisdom teeth removed. My tongue is coated white, with a yellow palate, difficulty shallowing at times , I have dry mouth, canker sores off and on and a nasty chemical taste in my mouth. I have been to several doctors including an infectous disease doctor, several GPs, an oral pathologist and ENT. Thrush has been ruled out through a KOH stain, and the best they can give me is geographic tongue and general stomatitis. The pathologist suspests an autoimmune disorder but I did not respond to prenisone and I am on no other meds. I am going to my dentist and back to the pathologist next week. Any advice? Also I am negative for Stds, diabetes, livers fine etc. I attached an image below. Thanks!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote