View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 01:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I hope they'll hear you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanira View Post
I've already looked into an above knee amputation. It doesn't work with people that have CRPS. The nerves that are involved are in your back also. They miss fire from everywhere along them. I was 24 when I got this disorder and it's beem 10 yrs. I haven't walked normal since. I have a lopsided gait. The only time they will do an amputation is if you have deep vein thrombosis or something similar that is causing severe blood clots. I've even thought about staging an accident to make them do an amputation just to stop the pain. So yeah it doesn't work. Mine didn't start spreading from my left knee till after 3 surgeries, and 2 pregnancies. I now have it from mid thigh to my toes. Keep your head up, keep moving, and keep positive. Thats my best advice.
If only people would heed your words. We both know the odds of finding a doctor who'll actually cut off a leg without there being one of the problems you listed above as being somewhere between nil and impossible. Then of course there's the little glitch of getting insurance to pay for it. I'm not trying to be harsh, but just because "we've" found a solution doesn't mean the others who have the power, education, and the checkbook and who're just as involved will actually proceed just because "we" said this is the solution. There's times we just have to accept we're stuck with whatever we've got. Living in my worthless body from the waist down is what I'm stuck with. It might not be easy but I'm thankful each and every day it isn't worse. Trust me, it can be. Now here's hoping you'll find other solutions that WILL work. Even a scant 20% reduction in pain can make ALL the difference.
bobinjeffmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote