View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 03:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Hi, and I sure am sorry you have not gotten enough relief. Yes the infusions are done under fluoroscopy,. A bit more involved for me, as it isn't just an injection. They thread a cath, into the spine going from one vertebra to the next. Plenty of anesthetic was used prior, and I didn't feel any pain at all. I had this done C3-7. My C3-6 failed with fusion, and the rest toppled over called the domino effect. I reversed the curve. The second fusion, worked, and my pain in less.
Sometimes fusion works, and sometimes it just doesn't. After reading all the posts that people have gone through, there really doesn't seem to be a reason that it works for some but not others. Guess it just depends on the severity of the vertebra.
I would do this infusion again, if ever that pain got as bad as it did before.
My T-1-2-3 aren't so hot.....
Also you might want to consider not getting any more steroid injections. If they fail the first couple of times, they aren't going to work at all as a rule. Doctors are just spinning their wheels. Epidural, and steroid didn't work for me at all...... I think I declined some other shot that to me was not worth trying. I got sick of needles, and when the doc. mentioned this I was hesitant. However it turned out pretty good for temporary relief.
I just didn't want to repeat what didn't work before.
I did do some work today, sanding some on the floor in my garage. The acu puncture, seems to have helped actually, so I will go for that again. That doesn't hurt at all but looks funny to see these needles sticking out of you. Also they are put in places that you don't understand why they would work from that location. Very interesting and worth a visit to see if it would help you. I am all for stuff that doesn't hurt on top of being hurt! Take care and keep in touch. ginnie
last question Ginnie. Was your infusion paid for by insurance?
maryjane11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote