Thread: root canal pain
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 06:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes2014 View Post
Hello,
I recently had a root canal redone on my front tooth and I am still getting pain. It was very pricey and I expected to be pain free now but it's been over 2 months. The pain comes and goes but it is very nagging and frustrating. I already have a crown on root canalled tooth and an endodontist drilled through the crown to redo the root canal. Also next to the crowned root canal tooth I have a veneer on the other front tooth. This is very sensitive to cold like drinks, cold air etc.
I seems to get alternating pain in the root canal tooth and the veneer tooth. The pain is more severe in the root canal tooth but both front teeth never seem to hurt at the same time. I have been told that once I am pain free I can get a new crown to match my other teeth better but I'm wondering what to do about this pain. It has been like it for quite a few years now and I just want the pain gone. Also I was told by the endodontist that it would be a great shame to lose the tooth as I am only 30. She also said that removing the tooth may not even cure the problem which really worried me.

Any help I can get on this matter I would greatly appreciate.

Thank you

Craig

Bryanna, I see you have given excellent advice on here. Any sort of help I would be grateful.
Fawkes2014 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote