Thread: root canal pain
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 10:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Fawkes,

The only thing I can honestly tell you is that all root canaled teeth along with the ligament that holds the tooth in the bone and the surrounding bone are chronically inflamed and infected. It is irrelevant how many times or how well the procedure is done.... the tooth remains inflamed and infected.

Not all people will experience pain... some have sensitivity... others have swelling ..... sometimes the pain is intermittent.... sometimes constant..... every case is different in that manner.

You wrote...
<<<Also I was told by the endodontist that it would be a great shame to lose the tooth as I am only 30. She also said that removing the tooth may not even cure the problem which really worried me.>>>>

Age has no bearing regarding infected teeth. This is a scare tactic to convince you to keep re doing the root canal therapy. Instead she should be telling you about the systemic risks of retaining infected teeth. Her statement about removing the tooth ...... this concerns me as it may indicate that the infection has spread to the bone and she may not be informing you of that. Any way you can post an x-ray here?

Bryanna

Hi Bryanna, thanks for the reply.

The info you have told me has made me even more concerned.
The endodontist said that the root canalled tooth is healthy which I couldn't really understand because it's 'dead'. She said all infections have been removed.
After calling again, she cannot understand why there is still pain and even during the procedure I could feel pain even though I had a strong anesthetic.
Are you saying the best solution in the long run is to have the tooth extracted?
The only way I can get an x-ray is if I book the regular dentist who should have received the x-ray from the endodontist and I can try and get a picture.
I just have to believe there are always solutions and I'm hoping that this forum can help me finally fix this problem.
Fawkes2014 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote