View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 02:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, as of right now I'm definetly leaning towards doing it. At the minimum, I've decided going through the trial is worth it. I discussed the risk of the spread with the dr, but as its already spreading into my left arm I think that making one area stop hurting might be worth it. I take a lot of medications for the pain, but they don't ever stop the hurting. My pain is never gone completely, and I'm very worried about never being able to stop with the pain medicine. I don't want my stomach to be destroyed in 20 years from all the pain killers. It just seems like there are so many horror stories about going down the drain with the need of eventual increases in medication and the strengths ( Even though I rely on medications now, The land of super heavy duty painkillers that people end up on seems like such a bad idea ) . The same goes for the scs though. I've found more terrifying stories than positive ones. I didn't know if that was just because angry people tend to post more, or if that was a clear demographic of results. The worst one I saw was ending up paralyzed and incontinent.... I figured asking the community of people who have been there would be best. Has anyone had success without complications or are there ALWAYS complications to be expected?
liz0323 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (01-26-2014), ger715 (01-26-2014), Mark56 (01-13-2014), Nanc (01-13-2014), Rrae (01-18-2014)