View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Yes, the every other day treatment may work. And you may NOT need a higher dose either. I think 1) you have some inflammatory thing going on. I'd get the drug induced antibody testing (not ANA ) for lupus.
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1065086-overview

You are taking some long term drugs.... and that is when drug induced lupus appears. Your diuretic is already on the list for this.

If you have drug induced lupus and that is why you hurt so much, then removing the causative drug(s) is the answer. I would have this done before embarking on steroids.

I took high dose with a taper prednisone when I had a very serious necrotic spider bite on my left ankle bone, several years ago. I felt wonderful at the 50mg-10mg doses, then crashed painfully when it was over. I sort of rebounded within a week to a tolerable state fortunately. But it was indeed fine while it lasted.

I am getting some benefits from the dried red cherries too. At least I am not limping as much. But I avoid steroids because they raise blood sugar (as well as for the osteoporosis risks, and the necrotic hip that can happen).

I have severe osteoarthritis too, I have Heberden's nodes now appearing on some fingers. They seem to go down some when I use the magnesium lotion on them. I have lots of X-rays on joints showing spurring etc.

2)I'd wait a while before changing this treatment. Sometimes there is a plateau when the steroid is no longer strong enough.

I still get the best results from plain old aspirin. But I won't use that everyday either. Bayer has a new one called Advanced... which uses nano technology for rapid absorption. That is the one I use now. But I also use AlkaSeltzer for the same reasons...fast absorption, little if any stomach damage.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote