View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 12:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Mrs. D.

I have Sjogren's Syndrome, Interstitial Cystitis, Meniere's Disease, Anemia, Copper Deficiency, Severe Coronary Artery Disease, Severe Osteoarthritis, Blepharitis, Severe-Profound PN, and Primary Immune Deficiency Disorder, also some autonomic problems like dizziness and sudden sweating from the head.

I've been tested every which way from Sunday for just about everything since I was a baby, and I'm now 72 in March. I don't take Plaquenil, or any Chemotherapy drug.

I do have IVIG monthly for my CVID (my form of PIDD, which has a high probability of autoimmune conditions as well.)

I'm taking the Medrol so that I can tolerate the IVIG since my immune system rejects so many things: Sulfa, all RX Pain meds, and weird things like Elmiron and some of the anti seizure drugs (Lamictal and one other).

I was first tested several times for Lupus at 22, and subsequently, but perhaps not the tests you indicated. I NEVER have positive blood work for any autoimmune condition, and my IgE is at the lowest end of normal. This seems to be fairly common for those with PIDD. I had SEVERE eczema from birth until age 27 when it disappeared.

Before Medrol, I managed pain fairly well with Aleve, Cymbalta, and occasionally Tylenol.
I also take Omeprazole to offset the gastric problems of Aleve.
Turmeric twice daily,
30000 units of Fish Oil, 80 mg of Lipitor (yow!), 50 mg atenolol, Triamterene-HCTZ (for my CAD, genetic cholesterol, and HBP)
Pilocarpine and Nasonex for symptoms of Sjogren's,
D-Mannose for UTIs,
a probiotic, Methyl B-12, Vitamin D,
NAC (for Meniere's), Iron (for Anemia), Copper (deficiency),
Potassium (leg cramps), Estrogel and Testosterone Gel,
baby aspirin, Co-Q-10, Alpha Lipoic Acid
DHEA
And I've ordered SAMe to try again, which I tried several years ago.

I'm 5'9 and weigh 184. I exercise two or three times a week at the health club in the pool, or with the variable resistance machines.

When I was found to have the Left Anterior Descending Aortic artery 95% blocked at age 57, I was quite sure that I wouldn't live to see 60, never mind 70!

And since 60 all of the conditions listed above except for the Osteoarthritis have developed. So longer life is a mixed blessing for sure.

On the other hand, I was able to host my French grandchildren every summer for six week at a time, for nine years, from ages 5 and 7 to 14 and 16. And travel to Paris each year, as well. So there have been many blessings in my life.

I am basically an optimist (in spite of the expectation of death by 60!)

The PN has changed my life most. The Osteoarthritis causes the most pain. The PIDD is a total surprise and the most interesting thing I've encountered. I still expect that the CAD will be my curtain call, suddenly I hope!

Hugs, Elaine
ElaineD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote