View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 01:36 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Dustin,

I will repost your questions and reply in bold type.... makes it easier to follow.

<<1. While stimulants are known to cause dry mouth, when I first took it it gave me dry mouth but subsequently went away after about a week. It did not return till my other symptoms did. Can nutrient deficits cause dry mouth?>>

AS THE BODY ADJUSTS TO THE MEDS, SOME OF THE SIDE EFFECTS MAY BECOME MINIMIZED. THESE MEDS WILL CONTINUE TO CAUSE DRY MOUTH BUT IN VARYING DEGREES AND YOUR DIET PLAYS A ROLE IN THIS. CERTAIN THINGS LIKE SODA, SUGAR, TEAS, CHEMICALS/DYES IN FOOD, LACK OF WATER WILL ALL CONTRIBUTE TO DRY MOUTH. ADD YOUR MEDS TO THAT MIXTURE AND THE PROBLEM BECOMES WORSE.

2. What would explain a chemical taste in my mouth along with bad breath ?

A CHEMICAL TASTE CAN BE LINKED TO MANY THINGS. POOR FITTING OR BROKEN FILLINGS, DECAY, PERIODONTAL DISEASE, MEDICATIONS, INADEQUATE WATER INTAKE, RINSING WITH CHEMICAL MOUTHWASHES ...... ALSO YOUR TONGUE IS HOLDING BACTERIA AND FOOD DEBRIS IN THOSE DEEP CREVICES WHICH WILL CAUSE BAD BREATH AND ODD TASTE. EVERYONE SHOULD BRUSH TWICE DAY, FLOSS ONCE A DAY AND USE A TONGUE SCRAPER BEFORE THEY GO TO SLEEP AT NIGHT.

<<3. Finally what might explain the occasianal feeling of there being a lump or foriegn object while shallowing along with an occasional sore throat? It seems like if I look into the back of my throat with a flash light it has a red/white speckled/cracked type look to it.>>

IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOUR THROAT GETS DEHYDRATED WHICH MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO SWALLOW AND FEEL SORE. THIS CAN LEAD TO BACTERIA OVER GROWTH JUST LIKE IT HAS ON YOUR TONGUE. START DRINKING WATER THROUGH OUT THE DAY, NO SUGAR OR ANYTHING ELSE, JUST WATER. DO THIS FOR A FEW DAYS AND SEE IF YOU NOTICE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR THROAT. IT IS BEST TO DRINK SEVERAL GLASSES OF WATER EVERY DAY FOR OPTIMUM HEALTH.

<<Thanks again. With Aspergers and anxiety it's tough to not have definent answers and it makes me fear the worst. (Syphilis, cancer, etc) I use to smoke but quit consquendientaly around the same time my problems started.thanks for your patience and time and sorry for all the questions>>

NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE. YOUR CONCERN IS UNDERSTANDABLE. I DON'T THINK YOUR PROBLEM IS CANCER ... IT IS NUTRITION RELATED.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinwx View Post
Again thanks for your time in explaining what could be the cause. It does make sense. Only a couple more questions to this.

1. While stimulants are known to cause dry mouth, when I first took it it gave me dry mouth but subsequently went away after about a week. It did not return till my other symptoms did. Can nutrient deficits cause dry mouth?

2. What would explain a chemical taste in my mouth along with bad breath ?

3. Finally what might explain the occasianal feeling of there being a lump or foriegn object while shallowing along with an occasional sore throat? It seems like if I look into the back of my throat with a flash light it has a red/white speckled/cracked type look to it.

Thanks again. With Aspergers and anxiety it's tough to not have definent answers and it makes me fear the worst. (Syphilis, cancer, etc) I use to smoke but quit consquendientaly around the same time my problems started.thanks for your patience and time and sorry for all the questions
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote