Thread: root canal pain
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 01:57 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Fawkes,

The endodontist is not disclosing all of the information to you about the health of this tooth. Once you sever the blood vessel that feeds the tooth nutrition, the tooth and the ligament die. Any remaining nerve tissue inside of the tooth... and there is a lot of tissue left inside of the tiny accessory canals that cannot be cleaned out....all become necrotic, inflamed and infected. The bacteria eventually spreads from the tooth into the jawbone causing further necrosis. This is not uncommon and it is what she should be informing you of.

The only way to cure the problem is to remove the source and that is the tooth. Root canals are performed to attempt to "retain" a tooth for an undetermined amount of time. The procedure is not designed or intended to "cure" or magically make a tooth healthy again. Once the vitality is removed, there is not returning this tooth back to life again. I think you already know that irrelevant of what this dentist is telling you.

Do a google search... type in... Dr Mercola and root canals. He does a great job at explaining this.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes2014 View Post
Hi Bryanna, thanks for the reply.

The info you have told me has made me even more concerned.
The endodontist said that the root canalled tooth is healthy which I couldn't really understand because it's 'dead'. She said all infections have been removed.
After calling again, she cannot understand why there is still pain and even during the procedure I could feel pain even though I had a strong anesthetic.
Are you saying the best solution in the long run is to have the tooth extracted?
The only way I can get an x-ray is if I book the regular dentist who should have received the x-ray from the endodontist and I can try and get a picture.
I just have to believe there are always solutions and I'm hoping that this forum can help me finally fix this problem.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote