View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

I've been to local cat shows...sponsored by Friskies. They gave away clickers...to whoever wanted them.

There was a little show, and then the trainer explained about cat training. It was similar to the video this guy has for training your cat on a leash.

But one thing she said, stuck with me. She said the cats they have trained for this little show, showed aptitude before the training for that task. She said that some cats will do certain things, and others not...no matter how motivated the owner. So I see with Maya she is easy to train, when it comes to things SHE likes. But other things...eh? not interested. The trainer said that their cats were trained to different tricks for the show, but they had the aptitude before the training.

So the skateboard thing, I think the cat would have to like movement and excitement. Like some cats like cars and others don't. When I was living in a college town, I used to see cats on bikes, and motorcycles! Sometimes upNorth we see them on boats going by or anchored. Our Late Oreo would sit in our docked pontoon every night with hubby...but she didn't like it when it was moving. Weezie won't go NEAR it...still.

I had the feeling that Didga is a male...he had that "air" about him. Certainly he is not a timid type cat like we have!

He really liked being out and about!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-14-2014)