View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 12:20 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Cool video. I'm actually more intrigued by the camera rigs/techniques!

Can't help but notice that his role is more passive (along for the ride) vs. say...
who's more active in control—propulsion and steering. OTOH, the dogs can't compete with the cat's acrobatic skills (not bulldogs, anyway—I know some small dogs who could do the jumping tricks). Just means each to their own best skills.

I was wondering if it makes a difference if the cat(s) learned surfing first, as many of the dogs have, but doing a quick review of available videos, it appears likewise—the cats are more along for the ride (and not terribly enthusiastic) while the dogs are definitely into it.

(I thought it better not to post what I found of surfing cats as they were obviously um... less than enthusiastic).

The narrator claims it's due to cats' innate aversion to water, but other videos have pretty much shot holes in that theory.

I also can't help but wonder if it's related to the species' respective affinities for riding in general. I know some cats enjoy rides in cars, but I think dogs would drive themselves if they could!

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-14-2014)