View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 07:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Vitamin B12 deficiency

I know from the old forums that we have some experts here but I never thought I'd be asking the questions.

I have arachnoiditis and with this comes lots of complications including neuropathy which was always associated with the arach. I'm 48. Well they did my B12 level and it's 110. So I'm getting weekly injections, will have a Schillings test in two weeks and will take it from there regarding bone marrow biopsy.

My diet is very poor as I'm constantly nauseated. I rarely eat meat but do well with cheese, fruits, vegetables and milk.Not too good with junk food.

I take omega 3 and magnesium 750mgm rx'd. I take lots of pain meds., but actually went off everything this summer for 2 weeks to see if I could get my appetite back and rid of the nausea, all I got was pain.
I've read about the deficiency and I'm really thinking I've had it for awhile as it would certainly explain alot of the neuro. symptoms. My question I suppose no one can answer but I wondering if it is too late to reverse things.

I'm on injection #3 and haven't noticed any improvement. What I have noticed is that the injection makes me even more nauseated and was wondering if this is common. Going to call the doctor tomorrow.

Anyhow, thanks all for listening, kindly, Alye
Alye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote