View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 12:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Here's my 2 cents

Well, I've dealt with type 2 diabetes for years now. I was also put on the Metforim, after just a few days I had bad symptoms so I stopped taking it. Have you considered just controling with diet & exercise? Your doc has now put you on another drug to counteract the effects of the first drug right? Has this doc even bothered to test your B12 levels? If so, what were they?

Doctors are NOT very knowledgable about diabetes (my experience). Lab results are NOT always accurate. I've learned this the hard way.

If you are using a treadmill-good for you! Eat low-carb & keep track of your daily testing,judge for yourself what works & what doesn't. Don't be afraid to say no to drugs. Heck, the news past few days has been about 2 diabetes drugs that are killing people! And the FDA knew about this several years ago!

We sometomes have to do the research & use common sense. Doctor's do not research the drugs they prescribe,they base our health care on what the drug reps push!

Good luck & don't panic. Get some cheap B12 & see if that helps you. Be your own advocate,don't be afraid to say no to taking drugs. Be aware of your own body,if you feel good then you are doing something right. If you take a pill & don't feel good then something is wrong eh?

Buttons
P.S. I hope you are fully aware of the symptoms of consuming aspartame products also. If you use diet products please research the harm they may be causing-including severe nerve damage.
Buttons is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote